Friday, August 21, 2009

Non-Smokers' Rights

It's been a few months since I created this blog and wrote my ebook and it seems that much has happened on the anti-smoking non-smokers rights front. One thing I'm very happy to see is the ongoing continuous fight to breathe clean fresh smoke-free air and enact stronger tougher laws that prohibit public smoking. Many people will say that it's more about smokers' rights than non-smokers' rights, but the truth is that smokers can go anywhere they want without worrying about if they're going to be able to breathe or not. I've met very few smokers who recognize they have an ugly nasty habit and are personally suffering from their own ugly addiction. For the most part, smokers appear unaffected by all the poisons they're smoking. We non-smokers are the true sufferers. We have to put up with all the horrifying toxic poisons smokers are putting out in the air and are forcing we non-smokers to breathe.

When I need to go into a market to buy something and I see smokers standing within a few feet of the store entrance, puffing away, I have to cover my mouth to protect myself, and run inside very fast just to be able to breathe and not get sick from the horrifying environmental tobacco smoke, secondhand smoke! It is truly a horrifying nightmare and the best thing we non-smokers can do to protect our health, our loved ones' health and the precious air we breathe is to help those we love and care about to kick the ugly nasty habit! It can be done and it MUST be done NOW! Let's help each other and work together to end this horrifying nightmare and keep fighting for clean, safe, healthy fresh smoke-free air!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting and refreshing to see someone talk about non-smoker rights for a change. All I see is blogs about smoker rights, as if they have a right to pollute the air we breathe! It's obvious the smokers are mobilizing because they are running scared from all the laws being implemented, hurray for our side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merkaba,
    Yes, I agree. All my life, since I was a child, I've always felt that we non-smokers have rights and it's absolutely absurd and ridiculous for anyone to say that smokers have rights. I find it very annoying and infuriating, but maybe you're right. Maybe they are running scared. They very well could be. Yeah really, hurray for our side! It is my hope, prayer, wish, and desire that this blog will help to raise awareness on this vital issue and attract more like-minded non-smokers who are strong enough and courageous enough to fight! Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete